Jul 10, 2014

My Favorite Lens

That is kind of a bold statement, huh? Favorite lens. But I love this lens so much that I will never give it up. I told my husband it will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands. Which lens is it? It is the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 with VC. *sigh*

It is just dreamy. Don’t get me wrong, it is a heavy lens that can be a pain to carry around. But it is soooo worth it.  It is sharp and fast to focus. The lens compression is awesome and makes bokeh come to life.

None of this is new because I have told you before how much I love this lens. But I did want to do a follow up because the entire month of June I took photos with only my Tamron 70-200mm lens and Tamron 24-70mm lens. Courtney (from Click It Up a Notch) and I did an Instagram challenge called #clickaday and challenged people to take a photo each day of the month. I tweaked my personal goal to make myself only shoot with my DSLR.

Here are all of the photos I took in June with my Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 with VC lens.  Warning, this is going to be a lot of photos.  :P

       Alert Diesel        Diesel Dog

 

       Baylor        Bunny

 

 Goose    Cat tails

 

Soccer ball    Squirrel

 

Dirty feet    Mushroom

 

Watercolor flower     Woodpecker

 

Diesel       Weed in the light

 

Charley with flare      Flower and sun peek

 

Berries   Mr Frog

 

Cat-tails  Dragonfly

 

morning-bokeh     orange-blooms

 

rain-on-honeysuckle   Lily-flower-bw

So there are a ton of photos I took with this lens. I get asked daily (literally daily) how I like this lens, if I would recommend it, and if I wished I had the Canon version?

As you now know, this is my favorite lens. I HIGHLY recommend the Tamron version of this lens. It is reliable, performs splendidly, and I cannot tell a difference between this lens and the Canon and Nikon versions I have rented so many times. At a fraction of the cost of the others, you cannot go wrong with this lens at all. It is A-MA-ZING!!!

I will share photos I have taken with my Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 with VC soon, too.

*Please note, these are daily photos I did for a personal challenge. These are not portfolio photos. I am not claiming to be the world’s best photographer. I am just sharing with friends.*

You can always email me with any questions you may have. I am here to help however I can. I love talking photography, so ask away.  :)

 

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment