Jul 15, 2014

My Most Versatile Lens

Last week I shared how much I LOVE my Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 with VC.  I love this lens so much that I decided to buy the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 with VC, too.  I have always been a prime girl. My 50mm has been known to spend months on my camera without ever being taken off. Well that has all changed.

My 24-70mm lens has become a major staple in my camera bag. On my crop sensor or on my full frame, this lens is awesome!  I can go wide or shoot at a more appropriate focal length for portraits. I can shoot at my precious 50mm focal length, too.

Don’t get me wrong, the f/2.8 widest aperture is not as big as f/1.4 or f/1.8 like most primes. But many times when photographing your kids, you may not get the shot if you have to move forwards and backwards with a prime.  Sometimes you want that candid moment that a zoom can get you.  Sometimes your kids only stay in place for one or two clicks of the shutter, so trying to compose with a prime may be harder.

Yes, I own Shutterbag and try to run this business to be successful, but I am a mom before that.  My job is to raise humans to be good men and women.  I want to capture and preserve that journey for me and for them.  So having the right tools is always helpful. As the title says, this is my most versatile lens and the one I go to when I am unsure of how things are going to go or what lens I will need. This lens is my Swiss Army Knife of my camera bag.

In June I participated in #clickaday photo challenge with Courtney (from Click It Up a Notch) and only used my DSLR along with my 70-200 and 24-70. Here are some photos I took with my 24-70. If you want to see the 70-200 you can see them here.

Charley in the covers

Daddy love bw

Posing for me

Charley at the window

Monkeys in the pool

Cole Jumping

Diesel dog

Bay-small

Doggy-on-the-floor

I really love this lens and am so happy I spent my money on it.  Because let’s face it…I don’t get to buy camera gear that often and when I do it had better be worth the investment.  This lens definitely is.

Just in case you couldn’t tell in this post, I bought this lens myself. I am sharing just because I love this lens and get asked often if it is as good as the Canon/Nikon version.  I am so glad I bought this one for almost half the price of the Canon version. I highly recommend this lens if you are looking for a 24-70 or just a high quality versatile lens!

*Please note, these are daily photos I did for a personal challenge. These are not portfolio photos. I am not claiming to be the world’s best photographer. I am just sharing with friends.*

If you have questions about this lens or anything else, please feel free to email me or comment. I am always ready to help if I can, plus I love talking photography!.

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at the photos from this lens. I keep hoping I win a Nikon!!

    ReplyDelete